About Adam and Michael and their symbiotic relationship
Adam had thought he was special. Because he’d been the only kid in the neighbourhood with a single parent. Not because he was a spin-off from a bloodline that was supposed to contain two Archangels.
Dying the first time around was painful. The ghouls didn’t like him because of his father. Who had been absent most of his life. Which kind of sucked –both the dying-because-of-John-Winchester and his absent father.
Hosting the Archangel Michael in his body was much worse. It literally burned.
The Pit…he’d rather not talk about that. It was painful and he doesn’t like to think about it. Apparently, at least somebody pitied him –he didn’t know if it was the Holy Father Michael and Lucifer liked to talk (read: argue) about, but he thanked the man anyway- and dragged him out of the Pit. Which is where Adam is now.
Adam doesn’t exactly hunt, but hosting an Archangel in his body and spending something close to eternity tended to give you some more information than the average Joe on the subject of all things dark and nightmarish. That and the fact that he had in the run for becoming the doctor is why a lot of hunter knock on his door in the middle of the night (or day). Adam is your to-go-to guy when you need information on a rare creature or when you were in the neighbourhood and need to be patched up. Despite not hunting himself, he does know to handle himself, though.
Michael was his Father’s Good Son. He is the Prince of Heaven, Heaven’s Mightiest Warrior and not one to cross. When he couldn’t get his True Vessel’s content, he turned to said vessels younger half brother, Adam Milligan. He got thrown into the Pit by Adam, but the pair was freed from it. Michael took his position as ruler up again.
But Michael is doubting, as much as he tries to deny it. His Father has been gone for a long time, and he genuinely does not want to kill his brothers. That does not mean that Michael’s rule over Heaven has changed.
The Archangel sometimes helps Adam out. They have a weird symbiotic relationship; Michael smites what needs to be smitten and makes sure Adam does not die during a hunt. When Michael has no need of Adam, the human regains possession over his own body once more.
Adam is currently in England upon request of Michael. There are rumours about timeloops going around, and Michael hopes Gabriel has made it, despite everything.
- He does remember bits and pieces of his time being possessed by Michael. Things that caused a lot of emotions or feelings, like Castiel setting him on fire or seeing Dean.
- He can also read a little Enochian; he picked this skill up while his soul tried survive Michael’s possession.
- Adam thinks all angels are dicks, though he does know there are exceptions.
- Surprisingly enough, he thinks Michael is one, since Michael does take care of him.
- People are usually surprised by the fact that Adam is physically so young. Resurrection tends to force people to grow up, and if it doesn’t, ages in Hell will.
- Adam’s favourite coffee is Latte.
- While Michael knows Adam best due to the possession, Adam doesn’t know much about Michael, who shields his Grace during these times.
- Michael doesn’t eat; Adam is a vegetarian. Not because of the animals, but because he just can’t stomach it after Hell.